to the Municipal Treasurers Association of Wisconsin's web
page. Here you will find a variety of helpful information
and links to answer any questions you may have regarding
Wind Chill Advisory
Winter Storm Warning
Oh well……this is Wisconsin!
Not only is there plenty of snow and ice, but it’scabin fever time and everyone needs to find their own way to ‘beat’ the fever. Here are a few tips:
- Get Outdoors – walk around the block or shovel snow
- Get Plenty of Sunshine – open the blinds, pull back the curtains & work by a window
- Stay Active – exercise, get away from the computer & television
- Brighten Up Your Environment – add color, flowers, plants or room scents
- Get Together With Friends & Family – face-to-face interaction is a must
- Enjoy Energy Foods – peanut butter, yogurt, berries, citrus fruits, oatmeal, almonds & plenty of water
For most of the MTAW members, the tax collection season has ended and everything balanced perfectly. However, many of us collect multiple tax payments, so the season doesn’t end until July or even later. Some members have completed their pre-audits and many members are working with auditors now. Others are still in the process of closing out 2013. This is the perfect time to review various education opportunities, scholarship applications and certification requirements. Commit to your professional development! Visit the MTAW website, where you will find:
- District Meeting agendas/registration forms
- April 30th UW-GB Master Academy information (also in this newsletter)
- May 1-2 Spring Conference agenda/registration form (also in this newsletter)
- John Schlice Scholarship application form is on the website, which is for the Spring Conference registration fee and a maximum of two nights lodging. It is the ONLY scholarship available for the conference. Completed application must be received by April 1, 2014.
- CMTW application form – due March 1 to be considered at the Spring Conference
- CMTW recertification application form – due March 1 to be considered at the Spring Conference
Over the last several months, the MTAW Board has reviewed the Constitution and By-Laws with the goal of combining the two documents into one document and updating a number of sections as appropriate. The membership will see the draft document in the near future and as always, the Board appreciates any comments and/or suggestions. This document will help MTAW remain a strong and viable organization, while continuing to meet the needs of its membership.
As my year as MTAW President draws to a close, I want to thank the Officers, District Directors and Committees your time and effort during the past year. I am truly thankful for your unwavering dedication and commitment to MTAW. Thanks for being part of my 2013-2014 team!
Until next time……
Kathleen V. Morse, MMC, CMTW, WCPC